Good morning guys!
Here I am with yet another recipe for you? The good news: you can eat this for breakfast or as a snack! Here is my recipe for ‘Almond cinnamon granola’.
I absolutely love this granola! It’s crunchy and delicious. You don’t have to use almonds, if you want to mix or switch: just do it!
- 8 cups or 740 grams old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup or 250 grams honey (I used Meli)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups or 280 grams almonds, chopped (I also tried it with a mix of walnuts and almonds, also amazing!)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt / normal salt / Himalaya salt / Kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more depending your preferences)
- optional: small amount of dutch cake & gingerbread spices (koek & speculaas kruiden). Tried it once, gave a nice touch to the granola!
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees or 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add the water and honey in a heat proof bowl, microwave on high heat for 1 minute or until honey is liquid.
Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl. Add the extracts to the bowl with the honey mixture. To end everything, add the dry ingredients to the honey mixture. Combine well until every bit of the dry ingredients is coated with the wet ingredients.
Put the ‘dough/batter’ what ever you may call it on a baking tray covered with a cookie sheet. (you can even use 2 sheets, to make sure everything is evenly divided.) Let it bake for 30 min and stir everything well. Let it bake for another 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.Don’t let it bake too long because it hards during the cooling process.
Let the granola cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Make sure to tag me on Instagram via @fitgingereef and #fitgingereef if you remake this recipe.
Lots of love